Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Not much better

Tuesday 27th November 2007

Why is it that when you think things cant get any worse, they do. I found out today that I will only be getting 1 day off this week (which I already had on Monday) and am expected to do in excess of 53 hours work this week, without getting paid for it. I must have mug written in bold across my forehead, for I didn't protest or make any comment.
What's wrong with me, unless I speak up, I'm going to keep getting shat on, but I can't seem to fulfil this requirement when I am put on the spot.
SO, I spend the night drinking can after can of Carling and stumbling into bed in the small hours of the morning and then waking up at 7:00am for work, not remembering how I got there. God knows what I am doing to my health, and deep down I know too! I just can't kick the habit. Its not that I'm an alcoholic, I don't think about drinking one iota in the day, but as evening approaches and boredom and depression set back in, that's all there is to keep me occupied. As usual I feel trapped and at a loose end, I'll feel the same tomorrow when another 12 hour shift kicks in, and again on Thursday and Friday. There must be something in the workers rights which stipulate something about working 7 12 hour shifts without a break in between, and, if i knew where to look, I'd be reporting these set of avaricious tossers!

No comments: